- Will stay flexible on live vs. Zoom going forward
- Scott S. advises that BJCP is relaxing requirements on judging inactivity due to COVID
- Welcome new meeting attendee Aaron
Style Of The Month
- Deferred this month
- September is Maerzen
- Beer Clarity presented by John W.
- Two types of haze: chill haze and permanent haze
- Choice of ingredients affects haze
- Process also is a major influencer
- Fermentation helps (yeast health, lagering)
- Finings: numerous different options for the kettle & fermentor
- After researching pros/cons of incorporation, Officers voted not to proceed due to significant financial and logistical overhead.
- Determined that we are not 501(c)(3) non-profit entity
- Officers did vote to proceed with a 501(c)(7), which classifies as a club in the eyes of the IRS. Very low overhead (one form per year). Provides tax exempt status.
- Officers voted to obtain club insurance from the AHA. Pricing is quite modest at $106/year.
- An optional coverage is Directors & Officers (D&O).
- Protects officers that may be sued as individuals
- Cost is $250/year
- Chris R. moves that the clube pays for D&O insurance to be reviewed annually. Seconded by John W.
- 12 of 12 members voted to adopt the motion
- Club finances: we’re in very good shape, balance at ~$2400