Slack to Email Gateway
- Currently it’s a $20 per month license
- If we paid for a Slack business license we’d have more options but that’s $8 per seeat
- We may need to let this idea go or find something else
Dues – Please Pay Dues
Beer of the Month!
- May: Maibock
- June: TBD (Pale ale?)
- July: TBD
Next Month’s Meeting Location
- Consider a roaming location option?
- Steve’s House?
- Tony’s will have drifts of tree “fluff”
Jack London Square Pub Crawl
- Bart may be doing some work on the line between San Jose & Oakland so do some investigation
- Starting at Buck Wild (Gluten Free Beers) so meet there
- Started Homebrewing in the 80s
- Met at work & Started homebrewing together, then began hosting some beer events
- Finally decided to open a brewery!
- Open since Dec 2020
- They started with a lease, but no equipment or permits but decided to go for it anyway
- Started with canned beer so they could get through the quarantine with contactless purchase & delivery
- No taproom!
- Canning performed by local mobile canning service which worked well since restaurants were more interested in cans than kegs
- Brewing is done in a 6KW 3.5bbl system
- Mostly done on weekends
- No step mashing (yet)
- Water chemistry is managed with some salts to work around PH and hardness
- Spent grain goes to a local urban farmer
- Dry Yeast from Cellar Science – try to be true to style
- New beers are piloted on a 10Gal system
- Tasting the beers!
- Pale Lager – super clear & straw colored
- Riley Red – American red but tastes similar to an ESB
- Yard Bird – Belgian golden ale with california purple sage & juniper berries
- Alain – Juicy IPA